A very special roof slate.
It was an honour to be asked to carve this presentation plaque for St Margaret’s Chapel Guild.
St Margaret’s Chapel is the oldest building in Edinburgh (within Edinburgh Castle) dating back to the 12th Century. This slate was from the re-roofing in the mid-1800’s. Coat of arms measures 20 cm high and lettering on the scroll was 3 mm.